A study showed that the quality of a company’s website will influence a customer’s perspective of the company and its business.
You can choose how to build your website according to your requirements:
- Choice #1: Static Website or Dynamic Website. It’s about whether you want the content in your website to change in the future. If yes, choose the dynamic website.
- Choice #2: Template-Based or Custom-Based. A custom-based website will be more specific and adaptable.
- Choice #3: Off-the-Shelf Website or Customized Website. An off-the-shelf website contains little customization, while a customized website is unique.
- Choice #4: Per Project or Per Hour. You have to decide whether you want to hire your design firm on a project basis or on an hourly basis.
Factors that will influence the cost of hiring a website designer:
1. Work Requirement
Basically, the more complex the functionality of your website, the more it will cost.
2. Size of the Website
Cost increases as the page count of your website grows.
3. Content of the Website
The complexity and quality of the content determines the cost.
4. Location of Your Designer
If the designers you hired are locating in developing countries, you may pay less, since labor is cheaper in these countries.
5. Turnaround Time
The faster you want to have your website done, the more you will be charged.
6. Responsive Website
If you want your website to adapt to different screen sizes, you have to pay more, since many designers are not familiar with this technology.
7. User Experience
It will cost you about 10% to 30% more if you want to offer a better user experience to your customers.
8. Competence of the Designers
An experienced designer will charge more, which will increase your costs.
9. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)-Friendly Website
If your want to be ranked higher in various search engines, you must pay more for the designers to modify your website and make this possible.
Consider whether you want to own the website yourself and discuss it with your designer beforehand.
11. Additional Plugins
It will cost more if you want to add more functionalities to meet your specific needs.
How to Choose the Best Website Design Firm
Here are some guidelines for reaching the best website design firms.
- The quality of your website will reflect the quality of your products, so look for loopholes, glitches, and other flaws and improve it.
- You have to do some research about web designing companies before outsourcing work to them.
- Call the designer company’s project manager to see it he or she is professional or competent enough to handle your technical questions. You can also e-mail the company’s former clients to ask their opinions about the company.
- Although the process of selecting the ideal web designing company may seem tedious, you will definitely save money if you find the right one.