Social Media Vulnerability
Social media applications/platforms have allowed companies to brand their image with maximum exposure. However, this has also opened the door to a broad audience for criticism. Facebook and LinkedIn are two of the top social media sites. Your company always has the power to decide what to do with negative publicity posted on your sites. A smart social media manager would suggest that you respond promptly instead of ignoring or deleting a comment or review.
B2B businesses are more focused on their presence on LinkedIn than on Facebook. LinkedIn’s network of professionals can be more beneficial for finding qualified leads for your business.
Recommendations from brand reputation management agencies
- Instructing your employees on how to properly represent your brand and share information on social media is key to long-term success. The things your employees publish about your company and the culture within the workplace conveyed through social media can have an effect on your company’s image.
- Set a standard for how to properly handle social media inquiries and interactions.
- Be aware of what you post on LinkedIn Communities.
Search Engine Threats
A company’s reputation online is not just about the brand and reviews. The reputation and image of the leaders and executives of a company are very important. If your name is tied to your company, you must keep track of your online presence in search engines as well.
Ethical transgressions can have an effect on your company’s image, as when Coca-Cola faced the pesticide issue. In cases like these you want to use pay per click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO)—seek advice from an SEO expert.
The following are web reputation management points for each category.
- Do not rely solely on your homepage’s presence to give you a good image. Make sure that your About Us and Contact Us pages are what people see when they search for your company on search engines.
- Check Google image results for your name and brand. For example, you don’t want your name attached to an explicit picture or video. Using Image Raider can help notify you when an inappropriate picture of you is posted online.
- If you are unsure about issues relating to reputation management, consult an expert who specializes in companies and reputation management.
Managing a reputation is an ongoing process. Make sure you have a designated group of solution-oriented individuals to neutralize any negative publicity or comments about your brand.
If you cannot assemble a team of qualified professionals, contracting a reputation management company to monitor your online image would be ideal. Investing in a long-term commitment and relationship can help you attain the best management packages for your online reputation.
Always be 100% sure that your company’s reputation is being taken care of by someone that knows exactly what they are doing. Gather their feedback on their potential approach prior to embarking in a business relationship.
Reputations Are Everything.
We Take the Best Care of Your Brand’s Image and Make Sure It Stays Safe. Get in Touch to Know How.